last year's "tomato glut sauce" in the making
Could someone please tell me where the past three months went!? Anyone?
After kicking it off with a quick trip to the East coast for a family celebration, September promises to be a full month. I expect a mixture of business, homemaking and play:
- a visit to the farmers market to stock up on tomatoes, peppers and apples to be processed and frozen for the winter
- a 5-day retreat to the woods of New Hampshire with kindred spirits for Squam Art Workshops; catching up with a very special kindred spirit on the drive there and back
- new paintings displayed at my hair salon, #13 on the Hintonburg Arts Map; a few new prints to go with them
- a meeting to explore the possibility of co-curating a once-a-month art show to coincide with the neighbourhood’s Arts Walk
- r&r with D. and Cassie – hopefully curling up on the couch to watch a few movies on D.’s new big screen TV
- the discovery of dreams and wishes via Mondo Beyondo, by Andrea Scher and Jen Lemen
- a pot of yummy homemade vegetable soup, maybe sweet potato, mmmmm…
- the grand opening of my online shop, Straw Bale Studio (YAY!); stay tuned!
- and finally, the observation of personal energy cycles and the acceptance that even the best laid out plans can change
Always that last one. Given my Aries exuberance toward starting new projects and my go-go-go/crash tendencies it’s an important one for me to remember.
What fun plans do you have on deck this month? Do you have any favourite fall rituals or comforts at this time of year?