Sis and I at my first official art show opening -
a manifested experience that graced my 38th year for which I am oh so grateful
Tomorrow I will be 38 and frankly, up until last week I've been having a bit of a rough time with it. It's pretty damn close to 40 and it's prompting me to ask myself some pretty intense questions.
Life's Big Questions aside, I thought I'd have a little fun with a birthday list of 38 things I'd like to do before I turn 39 (that's twice I type 29 instead of 39, tell me that doesn't mean something!).
- take voice lessons
- hike a new-to-me trail
- sit by the ocean
- take a plane somewhere
- create an e-book
- lose 10 pounds
- create and give art workshops centered around intuitive art-making and creative play
- write and submit an article (or a query) to a magazine - hopefully get it published
- find the user manual for Matilda, my trusty point & shoot, and learn how to use her manual settings
- host a painting or tea party
- see a Cirque du Soleil performance
- take a solo trip - it doesn't have to be far
- try a new recipe
- clean out my filing cabinet
- paint on a big canvas again - at least 30x30, maybe even bigger
- take an art workshop, or two
- show my artwork in a local venue
- find a pair of stylish, dressy, warm winter boots
- find or create an occasion to wear the party dress my sister gave me for my birthday (I feel so beautiful when I'm wearing it!)
- find a pair of party shoes to wear with my party dress
- do my morning pages at least five days a week, every week
- host a few dinners, potlucks or game nights with D.
- see live music performances, maybe a few Bluesfest concerts
- go to a movie theatre
- visit the National Gallery of Canada (here in Ottawa, no excuse!)
- go to NYC
- make peach preserves
- visit my parents and family in New Brunswick
- hike a second new-to-me trail
- send cards and notes via snail mail - target one a month
- print photos from our wedding to fill our wedding photo box
- print favourite photos from last year (trip to Gaspé, '70s housewarming party, art vernissage) and create a souvenir album I can flip through
- throw a belated birthday party
- go dancing
- put $5000 aside in Savings
- do something with my series of Mandala line art created in 2005-2006
- get my hair and makeup done professionally
- continue posting here at least twice a week, even if it's just a photo or a quote
Wow! I didn't think I'd find 38 things.
It's an aggressive list, but that's usually how I roll. I strongly believe in the power of writing things down to make them happen and if even only a few of these were set in motion today that would be a success.
I'll let you know how it goes.