#3 - Kelly's Beach, Kouchibouguac National Park, NB (about 20min from Mom & Dad's)
I spent two glorious afternoons sitting on this beach listening to the waves roll in
With two weeks left before I turn 39 it's time to check in on my list of 38 things I wanted to do before the B-Day. So if you'll let me self-indulge a little more than usual, here goes:
- take voice lessons 1/2 hour a week for six weeks during May and June 2011
- hike a new-to-me trail Little Bluff Conservation Area, Prince Edward Country, Ontario - it was a short trail, but beautiful!
- sit by the ocean during my solo trip to NB, August 2011 (see pic above), though technically it's the Northumberland Strait and not the ocean I'm giving myself full points - it smelled salty
- take a plane somewhere
- create an e-book
- lose 10 pounds I lost five, but I might have gained some too sooo, no points here unfortunately
- create and give art workshops centered around intuitive art-making and creative play
- write and submit an article (or a query) to a magazine - hopefully get it published 1/4 points here, I took a workshop on pitching articles and created a very rough draft of a query letter
- find the user manual for Matilda, my trusty point & shoot, and learn how to use her manual settings full points with a note that it's a work in practice
- host a painting or tea party
- see a Cirque du Soleil performance a birthday gift from D., it was amazing!
- take a solo trip - it doesn't have to be far solo road trip to visit Mom & Dad in NB, August 2011
- try a new recipe a ground beef/pasta/cheese bake thingy, yummy winter fare!
- clean out my filing cabinet
- paint on a big canvas again - at least 30x30, maybe even bigger I painted on two 20x40 canvases, close enough
- take an art workshop, or two one textile sculpture workshop taken in June 2011, and two painting-related workshops at Squam Art Workshops in September
- show my artwork in a local venue
- find a pair of stylish, dressy, warm winter boots lambswool-lined ankle boots that I can wear with dressy pants, jeans or a wool skirt, works for me!
- find or create an occasion to wear the party dress my sister gave me for my birthday (I feel so beautiful when I'm wearing it!) I have tickets to see the Bolshoi Ballet this coming May, I plan to to wear the dress
- find a pair of party shoes to wear with my party dress
- do my morning pages at least five days a week, every week though I haven't checked, I think I've managed to average this thanks to my working from home since November
- host a few dinners, potlucks or game nights with D. yup!
- see live music performances, maybe a few Bluesfest concerts took in Jazzfest AND Bluesfest concerts + a show the Black Sheep Inn
- go to a movie theatre saw The Artist and the Pearl Jam documentary
- visit the National Gallery of Canada (here in Ottawa, no excuse!) saw Made in America photography exhibit with D. + a bit of the Canadian gallery
- go to NYC
- make peach preserves chose to let go of this one in the fall due to time constraints
- visit my parents and family in New Brunswick August 2011
- hike a second new-to-me trail
- send cards and notes via snail mail - target one a month Yup. I might've even averaged one a month.
- print photos from our wedding to fill our wedding photo box
- print favourite photos from last year (trip to Gaspé, '70s housewarming party, art vernissage) and create a souvenir album I can flip through
- throw a belated birthday party
- go dancing D. & I got our groove on at Le Piano Rouge in Montreal during a weekend getaway
- put $5000 aside in Savings YAY! This was so I could take a leave of absence from work, it served its purpose.
- do something with my series of Mandala line art created in 2005-2006
- get my hair and makeup done professionally
- continue posting here at least twice a week, even if it's just a photo or a quote According to the monthly archives numbers I averaged at least twice a week. My tightest month was July 2011 with 8 posts.
Twenty-one out of the 38 things are crossed off with a few more weeks to go, not too shabby!
And there might still be time to knock a few little ones off the list; I'll see what I can muster up between now and then...