Books, books and more books!
Books I’ve bought, books from the library, books on order as I type. Books I’ve read, books waiting to be read, books I’m reading for a second time. Books I sought out, books picked up on a whim. Books that have graced my coffee, bedside and kitchen tables.
All of them have been flipped through, referenced or enjoyed during the past few months.
I chose to go for a round number of 25 books. I also chose to keep it simple: no reviews, just titles, authors and links for your perusal.
- The Prosperous Heart: Creating a Life of “Enough”, by Julia Cameron with Emma Lively
- Soul Shifts: Transformative Wisdom for Creating a Life of Authentic Awakening, Emotional Freedom, and Practical Spirituality, by Dr. Barbara De Angelis
- The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life, by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander
- Illuminate: Ignite Changes Through Speeches, Stories, Ceremonies, and Symbols, by Nancy Duarte and Patti Sanchez
- slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations, by Nancy Duarte
- The Information Design Handbook, by Jennifer Visocky O’Grady and Ken Visocky O'Grady
- Pocket Your Dollars: 5 attitude changes that will help you pay down debt, avoid financial stress & keep more of what you make, by Carrie Rocha
- Body of Work: Finding the Thread That Ties Your Story Together, by Pamela Slim
- Get the Right Job Right Now: Proven tools, tips and techniques from Canada’s career coach, by Alan Kearns
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual, by Michael Pollan and Maira Kalman
- A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself, by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman
- Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Photographs With Any Camera, by Bryan Peterson
- Understanding Close-up Photography: Creative Close Encounters with or Without a Macro Lens, by Bryan Peterson
- Finding Your Visual Voice: A Painter's Guide to Developing an Artistic Style, by Dakota Mitchell with Lee Haroun
- The Women of Beaver Hall: Canadian Modernist Painters, by Evelyn Walters
- The Beaver Hall Group: 1920s Modernism in Montreal, by Jacques DesRochers and Kristina Hunneault
- Vincent by Himself: A Selection of Van Gogh's Paintings and Drawings Together With Extracts from His Letters, edited by Bruce Bernard
- Gustav Klimt: From Drawing to Painting, by Christian M. Nebehay and Renée Nebehay-King
- Expressionism, by Norbert Wolf
- Witness: Canadian Art of the First World War, by Amber Lloydlangston and Laura Brandon
- The Backwoods of Canada, by Catherine Parr Traill (Note: My copy is a 1971 edition picked up at a used book store and has the funkiest cover art. Since I couldn't find it on Amazon, I linked to a version that has a $0,99 Kindle edition.)
- Anne Savage: The Story of a Canadian Painter, by Anne McDougall
- Les héritiers du fleuve, Tome 1: 1887-1893, by Louise Tremblay-D'Essiambre
- The World of Downton Abbey, by Jessica Fellowes and Julian Fellowes
Previously, on Birthday List Love:
List #5 coming up next...